Take Advantage of Your Imagination and Boost Your Creativity
Sep 12, 2021
You are creative, even if you’ve failed to realize it. In fact, you can’t fail to create. You created the life you’re living right now, even if you don’t appreciate it very much!
However, unless you’ve tried to maximize your creativity, you’ve only been operating at half-throttle. It’s possible to be much more creative than you have been in the past. Being able to access your imagination and then use it to find creative solutions will make life easier, more enjoyable, and bring you greater fulfillment.
Enhance your ability to access your imagination with these strategies:
- Practice without distractions. Turn off the TV and dim the lights. Have a seat and close your eyes. Allow your mind to wander, but don’t fall asleep. Instead of trying to steer your thoughts, let them run wild. Practice being an observer instead of a director. Do this daily for 15-20 minutes.
- Use all of your senses. You can do more than just see. You have the ability to hear, feel, smell, and touch. Use all of these senses when you’re utilizing your imagination.
- Your imagination will feel stronger if you use it daily. Try not to skip a day.
- Read something outrageous (for you). Try reading a fictional book about aliens, fire-breathing dragons, or time travel. Expose yourself to new ideas and concepts. The more you experience, the more your imagination will have to work.
- The same goes for movies. Branch out. You can only watch so many action movies or romantic comedies!
- Take up a creative hobby. Learn to paint, sculpture, or play the accordion. Try writing a screenplay or drawing a monster. Use the creative part of your brain.
- Explore your passions. Do something you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t yet. New mental states can increase your level of creativity.
Use your imagination to find creative solutions:
- Set an intention. Think of an intention as a short-term goal for an activity. What are you trying to accomplish with your imagination? Find a solution for your relationship challenge? Figure out a way to earn more money? Invent a gadget that will change the world?
- It’s important to have an objective for your imagination to focus on.
- Choose a method of addressing your imagination:
- You can turn off the lights and focus on your intention.
- You could sleep on it.
- You could sit at a clean table with a pad of paper and write whatever comes to mind. Keep going for at least 30 minutes.
- You could ask yourself questions and listen for the answers.
- Take part in an activity that engages your mind, but not completely. This can include activities like cleaning the house, taking a shower, mowing the lawn, or listening to classical music. These activities occupy part of your mind, but leave the remainder to create ideas.
- Act on what you discover. Creative solutions are worthless unless you act upon them. Reward yourself for being creative by putting your ideas into action. Sort your ideas and choose the best one. Try and see if your imagination was correct! You’ll get better with practice.
Our great creativity is one of the things that separates us from other forms of life. Using your creativity effectively can help you to find better solutions to the challenges in your life.
Creativity can fade with age, but that’s just because we fail to use it regularly.
Your ability to imagine is one way to address your creativity. Instead of mindlessly staring out the window and daydreaming, you can direct your imagination to address specific issues in your life.
If you are looking for more encouragement and processes to manifest more in your life, check out my powerful online course, "Manifest On-Demand 2.0" here:
Be Blessed and be a Blessing,
Dan Fowler, The Imagination Engineer
*Follow me on Social Media: Facebook - LinkedIn - Instagram
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You'r information will not be shared.